Hi,

I have been using Tomcat6.1( running on windows ) for an application that has
been connecting to Infor ERP LN ( formerly BaaN ).
It is given with a webapp which was installed on Tomcat and that's the way it
connects to ERPLN from Tomcat.

This is setup running fine ( for 2 years now, no hassels ). As a new
requirement we developed another application relying on the same architecture.
In this app we have voluminous data. So, we faced issues like "time-out
exception" which was increased in server.xml as mentioned below.

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="900000000"
               redirectPort="8443" maxPostSize="0"/>

Later we ran in OutOfMemory  Exception. So I increased the memory pool sizes as
shown below.

Initital memory Pool - 1024 MB
Maximum memory Pool - 1024 MB

Now that after increasing the above the error was gone. But after few requests
it comes back. Since request and response sizes are about 2MB( which are usual
in ERP scenarios ). The error is as below.

Exception in thread "ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]"
java.util.logging.ErrorManager: 1
java.lang.NullPointerException
                at org.apache.juli.FileHandler.publish(FileHandler.java:136)
Exception in thread "http-8080-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

The memory size of process has hit high and doesn't come down at all.

Mem Usage - 137,700 K
Peak Mem Usage - 784,644 K
VM Size - 1,076,804

The above is on windows machine.

Can you please suggest how to resolve the issue?

Regards,
Ramprasad

The information contained in this communication is confidential, intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may
be legally privileged and protected by professional secrecy. Access to this
message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or
omission taken by you in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
error. This email does not constitute any commitment from Cordys Holding BV or
any of its subsidiaries except when expressly agreed in a written agreement
between the intended recipient and Cordys Holding BV or its subsidiaries.
Cordys is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the
information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.
Cordys does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained nor that the communication is free of viruses, interceptions or
interference. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication
please return the communication to the sender and delete and destroy all copies.