Michael A. Repucci wrote:
Well, actually, I did this stupid thing under Ubuntu Linux. I've even now
gone through the process of completely uninstalling and reinstalling the
Tomcat packages, and it doesn't help. So now, not only does our application
not work on my local machine, but I can't figure out why because Tomcat
won't give me error messages. I think I'm going to give up on Tomcat
entirely ... crappy piece of software. I take it that you have nothing
useful to contribute to my problem?
Other than saying that Tomcat is not a crappy piece of software, and I've been using it for many years, I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions. Have you searched your HD to see if the logs are ending up somewhere other than where you were expecting them to?

Michael Repucci
(M) 718-288-4554
(W) 212-746-0462
mich...@repucci.org
http://michael.repucci.org/

--See life as it is, not as it appears to be.