> From: michael.repu...@gmail.com [mailto:michael.repu...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: tomcat no longer writing to log files
>
> Then when I reinstalled, Tomcat didn't get reinstalled under
> /etc nor /etc/init.d, and it didn't get started automatically
> as it had before.

It wasn't clear to me whether you used a repackaged Tomcat this time, or
downloaded a real one from tomcat.apache.org.  If the latter, the scripts are
in Tomcat's bin directory, under the names startup.sh and shutdown.sh.  If you
used a 3rd-party repackaged version, there's no telling where they might be.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.