Further to my ongoing troubles, I decided to reinstall tomcat and java. Then I configured a single default host which basically ran the default apps/examples that come with tomcat, using the default tomcat port of 8080 and the connector port of 8009. That is all good. However, every time I add a second host to server.xml, it kills the connector port. I still have the shutdown port on 8005 and the tomcat port on 8080 but the connector port on 8009 disappears and the new port for the second host is not there either.

Any ideas?

Dave