On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:

> > From: Yaakov Chaikin [mailto:yaakov.chai...@gmail.com]
> > Subject: Re: Changing default context path
> >
> > Take a look at 5th bullet.
>
> Take a look at the description of the path attribute, which you seem to be
> ignoring:
>
> "The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining a
> Context in server.xml, as it will be inferred from the filenames used for
> either the .xml context file or the docBase."

Oops... I guess, I missed that part... But it does say that the
context path is inferred from .xml context file... So, is it telling
me that I can place bla.xml into META-INF directory with a <Context/>
tag in it and the context path will change to /bla? I tried that and
it didn't work.

So, are you saying that there is NO way (outside of configuring a
<Context...> inside the server.xml) to have the name of the WAR file
be one thing and the context path be something else? I am looking for
a way to carry the context path information inside the WAR itself due
to my build process requirements.

> I already told you.  You need to read all of the doc, not just the parts that
> please you.

Ouch. Man! Lower you weapon. Just asking a question. (I did have the
"audacity" of missing part of the documentation.)

Thanks for your help,
Yaakov.