I changed to use 5.5.27 (latest 5.5 version), and still have the same
problem.

I have set up my realm in my webapp's META-INF directory, like this:

<Context path="/test" reloadable="false">
      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="99"
             connectionName="uid=admin,ou=system"
             connectionPassword="secret"
             connectionURL="ldap://localhost:10389";
             digest="SHA"
             allRolesMode="authOnly"
             userPassword="userPassword"
             userPattern="uid={0},ou=accounts,dc=test,dc=org"
             roleBase="ou=groups,dc=test,dc=org"
             roleName="cn"
             roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
             useContextClassLoader="true"
      />
</Context>

I have no realms configured in my server.xml for Tomcat.  But I still
get this error:

     [java] May 19, 2009 10:33:01 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm
authenticate
     [java] SEVERE: Unexpected error
     [java] java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login
configuration
     [java]     at
com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(ConfigFile.java:93)
     [java]     at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

> I would guess your config is wrong.

What configuration piece could I be missing?  I've been over the
server.xml and
my context.xml and don't see anything wrong.  What should I look for?

Do I need to go to Tomcat 6?  I'd rather not, but if I have to....

Thanks,

-- Greg