> From: Greg Allen [mailto:gregory.al...@sierraatlantic.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat, <Realm>, and context.xml
>
> I have set up my realm in my webapp's META-INF directory, like this:
>
> <Context path="/test" reloadable="false">

Take out the path attribute; it's not allowed.

Where is your webapp deployed?  (I'll presume at webapps/test, for the
following.)  Do you happen to have a conf/Catalina/[host]/test.xml file?  If
so, it will override the one in the webapp's META-INF/context.xml, causing your
<Realm> to be ignored.

Are there any errors in the log at Tomcat startup relating to deployment of
your webapp?  (I presume the error you showed came from an attempt to access
the webapp.)

> I have no realms configured in my server.xml for Tomcat.

You must have some <Realm> configured for the manager app to work; it can be in
server.xml or you can put the appropriate <Realm> for the manager in
conf/Catalina/[host]/manager.xml.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.