"Alec Swan" <alecs...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:34abb48b0906021503t158542a5ube612b5ccfad0...@mail.gmail.com...
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Jonathan Mast
> <jhmast.develo...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Alec, so basically members of your client company should be able to have
>> direct access to a servlet that is otherwise restricted to a handful of
>> users who must authenicate themselves with a username/password login,
>> right?
>>

> Yes, this is exactly what we need.

Awhile back, I had a request to do something similar.  However, in this case
the (then) client was providing a portal that their users logged onto, and
proxied to our app.  What we did is to clone the webapp and make the clone
authenticate with CLIENT-CERT.  The client portal would then proxy to the
clone and provide the same certificate for all users that it had
authenticated (which Tomcat then accepted).  In this case, even if a
blackhat could find the URL for the clone, she still couldn't get in.