> From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:jeffrey.jan...@polydyne.com]
> Subject: RE: Windows x64 Installer
>
> Now the reason why 4) below was not working (all 64-bit), is that I
> didn't have an address specified in my <connector> tag.  Apparently, at
> all windows revs prior to 2008 server, if you didn't supply an IP
> address, Windows would gladly supply 0.0.0.0, but now at 2008 it
> doesn't (possibly vista also?).

Works fine on my Vista 64 box, with no address attribute for the <Connector>.
Looks like there's some 2008 Server setting that's ignoring IPv4 and using only
IPv6 if no bind address is given.

> Instead of seeing 0.0.0.0:80 in the first column, you'll
> see [::]:80.

On my Vista 64 box, I see 0.0.0.0:8080 but not [::]:8080, with no address
attribute in my <Connector>.  I've got IPv6 disabled on my router, so I can't
test that at the moment.

> there are a number of these [::] addresses in the list,
> so MS possibly hasn't ported all their services yet.

Has nothing to do with porting services, but rather with IPv6-only being the
default on your installation.  I do see both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in
listening mode for the various Windows services on my system.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.