Pid wrote:
On 2/7/09 04:25, Jim Anderson wrote:
Hi,

I'm running tomcat 6.0.18 on Linux and I'm having a problem running
a javabean. I created a bean and was able to call setProperty and
getProperty
for the property 'startPage' in the bean. When I added a 2nd property
to the bean, I got the following message:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find any information on
property 'midContent' in a bean of type 'bfs.beans.BFSInfo'

The setter and getter methods were copied and pasted from 'startPage' so
they
should have worked. I checked the spelling of the new property
'midContent' VERY
carefully and I'm sure there was not a spelling error.

I experimented and found that no matter what name I gave the new
property, it
would not work with the getter and setter methods. In the jsp code, my
getter
and setter methods for 'startPage' continued to work. I decided to rename
the property to 'sPage'. I did this, recompiled the source, rebuilt the
jar file
and placed it the web library. I ran the jsp page again and found that
getProperty

Which "web library" and where did you put the compiled class and "web library" that contains it?

In WEB-INF/lib. I compiled the java file in a separate directory and
then copied created the jar file and copied the jar file to WEB-INF/lib

Are you using a tool like Eclipse or Netbeans?

No. I use a makefile based system.

on 'sPage' failed, but if I changed 'sPage' back to 'startPage', the jsp
page
worked.

It looks like tomcat is still is finding an old jar file or has cached a
reference
to the old library.

Does anyone have an suggestions on how to resolve my problem?

25 public String getMidContent() {
26 return(midContent);
27 }

wow. old school.
Not reading a really old tutorial from somewhere are you?
I'm working out of Java Server Pages, 3rd edition.