Konstantin,

Thank you. That did the trick. I kind of guessed it was that sort of problem, but could not find it in documentation of the book that I'm using.

Jim

Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
2009/7/2 Jim Anderson <ez...@ieee.org>:
Hi,

I'm running tomcat 6.0.18 on Linux and I'm having a problem running
a javabean. I created a bean and was able to call setProperty and
getProperty
for the property 'startPage' in the bean. When I added a 2nd property
to the bean, I got the following message:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find any information on property
'midContent' in a bean of type 'bfs.beans.BFSInfo'

The setter and getter methods were copied and pasted from 'startPage' so
they
should have worked. I checked the spelling of the new property 'midContent'
VERY
carefully and I'm sure there was not a spelling error.

I experimented and found that no matter what name I gave the new property,
it
would not work with the getter and setter methods. In the jsp code, my
getter
and setter methods for 'startPage' continued to work. I decided to rename
the property to 'sPage'. I did this, recompiled the source, rebuilt the jar
file
and placed it the web library. I ran the jsp page again and found that
getProperty
on 'sPage' failed, but if I changed 'sPage' back to 'startPage', the jsp
page
worked.

It looks like tomcat is still is finding an old jar file or has cached a
reference
to the old library.

It looks like you have not restarted (reloaded) your web application.

One of the ways to do so in development mode is to touch your
WEB-INF/web.xml  (or any other WatchedResource if those are configured).

Another way is to use the Tomcat Manager web application.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/html-manager-howto.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/manager-howto.html

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko