Andre,
      I am sorry if I got your remark from the wrong end and apologies if it
did heart you.I posted things on to the list as they unfolded.This anti
virus issue did not happen until a moment ago I made the post.From the
beginning of this issue I have not kept back any information that was
relevant to the issue and I thought relevant.

Well I did as you have instructed me

   1. *Stopped the Anti virus
   *
   2. *Downloaded apache-tomcat-6.0.20.zip (core)*
   3. *Unzipped it to the directory apache-tomcat-6.0.20*
   4. *Opened a console window*
   5. *Went to the directory c:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin*
   6. *typed the command startup.bat, it started tomcat below is what
   appeared on the console window*

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin>startup.bat
Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14

     7* Then typed shutdown.bat, it did stop tomcat*

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin>shutdown.bat
Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14

*8 Issued the command service.bat install, the display in the console window
was*

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin>service.bat install
Installing the service 'Tomcat6' ...
Using CATALINA_HOME:    C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_BASE:    C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using JAVA_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14
Using JVM:              C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

Failed installing 'Tomcat6' service

*As always the service installation stops when using the JVM

*Varuna*

*2009/7/22 André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>