Event ID:    7024
Date:        24/07/2009
Time:        10:49:45
User:        N/A
Computer:    VARUNA
The Apache Tomcat 6 service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0).

I went to the location refereed in the Error Properties by clicking the
error property boxe's description section for more infoormation and it is

 Details *Product:* Windows Operating System *ID:* 7024 *Source:* Service
Control Manager *Version:* 5.2 *Symbolic Name:*
EVENT_SERVICE_EXIT_FAILED_SPECIFIC *Message:* The %1 service terminated with
service-specific error %2.     Explanation

The specified service stopped unexpectedly with the error indicated in the
message. Windows does not recognize the service's error code.
     User Action

To display the service-specific error code in the Service_Exit_Code field,
at the command line, type
*sc query* *service name*
The information displayed might help you troubleshoot why the error
occurred.
         *Version:* 5.0 *Component:* System Event Log *Symbolic Name:*
EVENT_SERVICE_EXIT_FAILED_SPECIFIC *Message:* The %1 service terminated with
service-specific error %2.      Explanation

The specified service stopped unexpectedly with the error indicated in the
message. Windows does not recognize the service's error code.
     User Action

To display the service-specific error code in the Service_Exit_Code field,
at the command line, type
*sc query* *service name*
The information displayed might help you troubleshoot why the error
occurred.

As instructed in the above I opened a console window and typed "sc query
Tomcat6" the result is

C:\>sc query Tomcat6

SERVICE_NAME: Tomcat6
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        STATE              : 1  STOPPED

(NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 1066       (0x42a)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

The SERVICE_EXIT_CODE is 0 (0x0) what does that mean is left to find out.I
am working on it

André Warnier wrote:
> Probably because then, you started Tomcat using the "startup.bat" command
> file, and not the parameters contained in the Registry.
> It is certainly logical, but you would have to examine "startup.bat" to
> find the exact reason.
> Do that as an exercise, it may help.

I checked "startup.bat" it does not contain "JAVA_HOME" But it does contain
"%CATALINA_HOME%", I am not aware how .bat file scripts work well as you
said I will explore how and what this means

Anyway, now seems the appropriate time to see what our friend the
"tomcat6w.exe" program has to say.  Remember, this is the GUI program that
allows you to examine (and change) the Registry parameters that are used by
tomcat6.exe when it tries to run the JVM and Tomcat.
Look at the various tabs there, and try to find something which does not
fit.
We cannot really help you there, because of course this is only on your syst

For example, on my Windows XP station, I have this under the "Java" tab :
Java Virtual Machine : C:\Java6jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
Java classpath : C:\Tomcat5.5\bin\bootstrap.jar
etc..
all of these paths should be correct of course.
What do yours look like ?

In my "tomcat6.exe"  in the Java  tab there was no Java Classpath I pointed
it to
C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin\bootstrap.jar  and Java Virtual Machine is
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll
 In the startup and shutdown tabs the working path just as was "Path to
Excecutable" pointing to a location false location, I changed it and now
Working Path is

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20

In the General tab "Path to Excecutable was wrong and as described above I
corrected it and now it is "C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin\tomcat6.exe"
\\RS\\Tomcat6

Thanks

Varuna