Mohamed Shah wrote:
> Hi,

Sorry. Ignore my previous e-mail about thread hijacking.

> I am new to apache tomcat.

Welcome.

>  May I know which is the root directory for source files like html,jsp. I
> guess it is webapps.

Not quite. The concept of a root directory doesn't exist in Tomcat in
the way it does in httpd.

> How to call the files using browser. http://localhost:8080/mywork/name.jsp
> Is this right way to use?

That depends how your files are deployed. You should really read the
Servlet spec. Then read this

The simplest way is to access http://localhost:8080/

>  I don't have admin rights

You shouldn't need them to run Tomcat on port 8080.

> but I called in startup.bat using command prompt and set the catalina_home
> variable to apache directory.

You don't need to set CATALINA_HOME with a default install. Tomcat will
work it out.

Mark