Mohamed Shah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to apache tomcat.
>  May I know which is the root directory for source files like html,jsp. I
> guess it is webapps.
> How to call the files using browser. http://localhost:8080/mywork/name.jsp
> Is this right way to use?
> Then How to check if the service runs?  I don't have admin rights but I
> called in startup.bat using command prompt and set the catalina_home variable
> to apache directory.
>
> Kindly Guide me.

The "root" directory would be webapps/ROOT.  Other webapps are located
in the webapps directory with ROOT, each running independently(ish --
same JVM).  ROOT accepts the URLs that don't match any other webapp.  As
far as checking to see if it works, just hit a URL known to work --
maybe the default success page distributed w/ tomcat if you still have
that in there. (http://localhost:8080/)

--David