Send reply to:          Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
From:                   Dan Denton <dden...@remitpro.com>
To:                     Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date sent:              Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:51:46 -0500
Subject:                RE: Tomcat 6 shutdown hangs server when using JDK 6.0_15

> Thanks Filip for the reply, but as I said in my original post, this is
> running on a virtual machine, so hardware isn't a factor. In addition,
> this only started when I began using JDK 6 instead of 5, and only
> continues to happen if I use JDK 6. If I use 5, there's no problem.
>
> I will test this on another VM and a non-VM system to see if they
> behave the same way, but I would still appreciate more input if it's
> available.

Perhaps you should upgrade the vmware app and jdk 6 to update 16. I've run
centos 5 under
vmware desktop 6.5 with jdk 6 (forgot exact version) and tomcat 6 (again don't
remember
exact version) and it ran just fine.

Also there is still a slight possibility it could be a hardware issue such as
bad RAM, try a ram
test program like memtest86.

-Steve O.