sch...@afrigis.co.za schrieb am 31.08.2009 um 23:16:48 (+0200):

> I have set-up a data source using the context.xml file located inside
> my META-INF and added the relevant entry in the web apps web.xml. I
> also have the MySQL connector/j driver inside my own apps lib as well
> as inside the server's lib(same version).

That's wrong. The driver must not be in both locations. It must be made
available to the common classloader, which provides classes to both the
server and the applications.

Discard the driver from your application.

> Now when I deploy the .war to the server in which the db is running,
> the archive is deployed but when I now try to get a connection to the
> same db and same server as from my local machine I get:
>
> Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

Are you doing a proper deploy using the manager application? Or removing
the WAR and properly waiting for Tomcat to discover this?

Or are you improperly clobbering the WAR? That would leave a stale
context.xml for your application in place.

--
Michael Ludwig