-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
Sent: Mon 8/31/2009 8:50 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
evaluation

Iqbal, Aftab wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a PhD student at DERI (http://www.deri.ie), Galway, Ireland. We are
> working here on a research to address some issues in
> software development processes and how can make software development and
> specially its management efficient[1]. For the
> evaluation of our research, we are looking for data from mailing list
> archives, bug trackers, source code, subversion logs of an open source, live
> long project such as Apache Tomcat.
>
> Although, we have Web access to the subversion repository of Apache Tomcat
> but we require dumps of the bug tracker of Apache Tomcat development and
> mailing list archives to do our evaluation.
>
> Your help will be highly appreciated and we will be very happy to share the
> results of our evaluation with you.
>
> If this mailing list is not intended for this email then please guide me to
> whom i can contact for it.

The Apache Infrastructure Team usually handles requests like this but
since I am also a member of that team as well as a Tomcat committer I
should be able to get this for you.

Could you provide a time frame for the data you are interested in? To
give you an idea of the volumes involved, in compressed form the
complete dev archive is 121MB, the users archive 233MB and the announce
archive 15KB.

For the bugs it will be easier to give you a complete dump of the
Bugzilla database. That was about 300MB (compressed) the last time I
took a copy.

The easiest thing for me to do is to put this somewhere under
http://people.apache.org/~markt and let you download it.

Mark