From: George Sexton [mailto:geor...@mhsoftware.com]
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2009 2:15 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Virtual host configuration - best practise?

Host
> > Manager application. You can deploy the new hosts on the fly. It's
> pretty
> > straight forward.
> >
> > The downside to this approach, and probably JMX as well is that it
> doesn't
> > update server.xml and you'll have to create a startup routine that
> > generates
> > a new server.xml with the virtual hosts on the fly.
> >

> And a new server.xml requires a restart of Tomcat? Which would
> basically be
> a variation of my current setup. Correct?
>
> Bye, Helma

No. Use the host manager to deploy/undeploy virtual hosts on the fly.
When
you re-start tomcat, have a program create the server.xml so that all of
the
one's you deployed using the host manager are represented.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/
Voice: 303 438 9585

*******************************  NOTICE  *********************************
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.