Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
I'm setting up spacewalk, all default settings, and I'm getting this in
the catalina.out.  Any ideas ?

Sep 29, 2009 7:19:34 PM com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool
$AcquireTask run
WARNING: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool
$acquiret...@7da79447 -- Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending
acquires. While trying to acquire a needed new resource, we failed to
succeed more than the maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts
(30).

Hi.
We'd be really good if we solved it on the base of the info above, wouldn't we ?
So I'll try : selinux ?

Other than that, if you really want help about this, you'll have to do a bit better. Admittedly, the mention of "catalina.out" up there is a clue that there might, maybe, be a Tomcat installed on your system. The error message above however is no such clue. It does not seem to come from any Tomcat code.
So you might start by telling us a bit more about
- what "spacewalk" is supposed to be
- if it is supposed to contain a Tomcat
- if yes, which version
- on what platform (OS) this is happening
- since the above does not seem to be really a Tomcat problem, make a little effort at convincing us that it is, by :
  - stopping this spacewalk and the perhaps associated Tomcat
  - delete all logfiles of either that you can find
  - restart the application, or preferably, only Tomcat
- then send us a new copy of the catalina.out, showing any messages that look like errors or warnings, but from the moment when Tomcat starts up - if you find the base Tomcat installation directory, and find a "bin" sub-directory in it, and in there you find a "version.sh" or "version.bat" script, run it in a console window, and paste the output in your next message.