Hi Andre-John,

Andre-John Mas wrote:

I wan't do it within the application. I prefer to configure the app container or the app itself.

I had asked for this too a while back, but I was told the RFC indicates ISO-8859-1, so the developers didn't want to allow you to change the default encoding used by the application server, which is a shame. I say it
is a shame, because we can already change the URL encoding and being able
to standardise your deployment solutions on UTF-8 would be so much nicer,
IMHO.

Full ack.

My solution was to use a character set filter, described here:

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/Tomcat/UTF-8

I did that too, but in my opinion that is no solution, it is just an workaround.

Thanks,
Halm