Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Subject: Re: [OT] tomcat 5.5.25 shared lib and sharing webapp jars

Not that it was my thread to begin with, and not thjat it's really
dramatic either, but I suppose you guys must realise that you lost me,
like, about 15 posts ago ?

What, are you being rude again?  (Just kidding :-)

I think one of the non-obvious points is that the word "instance" in an
object-oriented environment is strictly defined, and must be used with discretion.  So,
where did we start to lose you?  If you'd prefer to continue the discussion off-list,
that's o.k. for this off-topic.

No, no. I have no qualms about splaying out, for everyone to see, my dismal lack of fundamental Java knowledge, when the comparison is with experts like you two. And I am rather proud of having triggered this fascinating discussion about the finer points of java classes and objects relationships, which without doubt will some day become part of the anthology of Tomcat classloading and application deployment techniques.
Or the other way around, I am not quite sure anymore.