Hi,
 I have failed to come up with a solution to link Apache 2.2 and Tomcat
 6 using mod_jk / mod_proxy_ajp in a way that satisfies my requirements.
 (Seamless form based authentication, CMS using wordpress etc.) I can
 get 98% there but the last 2% is the blocker and I am running out of
 options. I was very surprised that others have not done this before but
 then again I suppose every solution is different! (Many thanks to the
 replies for my earlier question, I don't think a non custom solution
 exists for it!)

So to move forward I think that I will scrap putting the static content
on apache and serve it all from tomcat. I might use apache to handle SSL
and loadbalance.
My question is what is the recommended wordpress replacement that I can
use on Tomcat to provide content management via database as well as
providing blogging capability? I looked at quercus php enabler for
tomcat but it seems to have a commerical license. openCMS looks
promising (but no blogging) any recommendations?

Tony