I am having a similar problem though I only see this problem in Google
Chrome.  I request my home page in chrome and it takes 100 sec to load the
page.  If I load the page in Firefox it loads excellent.  I downgrade to
tomcat 6.0.20 and everything works great in chrome.

This is hitting a server using "localhost" so it's not a host
resolve/timeout problem.

I hooked a profiler up to my app running tomcat 6.0.24 and hit the home
page.  All of the time is taken in the following trace.

org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.parseRequestLine()
org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalInputBuffer.fill()
java.net.SocketInputStream.read(byte[], int, int)
[Wall Time]  java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(FileDescriptor, byte[],
int, int, int)

Tomcat 6.0.24 is spending 100 sec 99% of the request in the socketRead0 call
above.

Again I don't see this problem with Tomcat 6.0.20 in any browser.  In Tomcat
6.0.24 I have tested Firefox 3.5, IE 8 and Chrome 4.0.249.78.  I only see
this problem in Chrome.

Any ideas?

Mike