We are using the above setup to load balance http and https request, for
https request
Apache is configured to serve the certificates and the request is actually
being processed
by 3 tomcat instances running behind. We are getting a strange log in apache

[error] ajp_read_header: ajp_ilink_receive failed
[error] (120006)APR does not understand this error code: proxy: read
response failed from (null) (localhost)

This happens when my tomcat which is handling ajp request got through https
in Apache.

I have another question like when my Apache forwards a request to tomcat and
my tomcat takes too long
to respond will the same request be routed to a different tomcat??
We have not configured sticky sessions in Apache,

We are having many instances where in my application in TomcatA throws
exception (because it waits to connect to another host which takes too long)
before responding back to Apache and I can see logs in other tomcats, say
TomcatB and TomcatC with a session Id xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.NodeA, why does
this occur and can this be eliminated??

Apache configurations are as follows

<Proxy balancer://tomcatcluster>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
        BalancerMember ajp://localhost:8109/test route=NodeA
        BalancerMember ajp://localhost:8209/test route=NodeB
        BalancerMember ajp://localhost:8309/test route=NodeC
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /test balancer://tomcatcluster lbmethod=byrequests nofailover=On
ProxyPassReverse /test  ajp://localhost:8109/test
ProxyPassReverse /test  ajp://localhost:8209/test
ProxyPassReverse /test  ajp://localhost:8309/test

Thanks in advance.