Thanks for the reply Ster,

"Find someone who does.", sorry when I said privilege I actually meant
option, that is I cannot install a new Apache over the older 2.2.3 and we
have to go with the default configuration. Because they have chosen RHEL 5.4
as the platform and it comes with 2.2.3 version, I will see if I can
convince them!

"Why?  RHEL has a built-in updater application doesn't it?" - I am actually
new to Linux environment and will try to find out more on this, is it
something like windows automatic software updater?

"If you can't upgrade HTTPD, how are you going to compile mod_jk?" - I just
had the thought that I need only the APR bundle and mod_jk src package to
compile and load it as a dynamic module! Does it need a HTTPD upgrade?

"Tying one hand behind your back isn't a good way to start." - Good though,
but I wish I had the authority to change decisions :-(

"1x HTTPD and 5x Tomcat might be enough, but it's not going to depend on
the server software, it's going to depend on your application and the
hardware you're running on" - The Tomcat has an web application that
actually inserts a record into the database for every https request and that
all it does.

"Your config suggests that you're running this on one server, how much
memory is available and how many processors does it have?" - We have one
linux machine with quad core processor and 8GB of RAM

Thanks for your time Ster...