> From: Steffen Heil [mailto:li...@steffen-heil.de]
> Subject: AW: Shutdown hook for correctly unloading drivers
>
> However, there are web applications that have own threads
> (file reaper, connection pool, etc.).

It's the application's responsibility to manage those threads, and shut them
down when the application is stopped.  This is one of the purposes of the
various lifecycle listeners defined in the servlet spec.  Any application that
fails to manage the threads it creates is inherently broken.

> I am thinking about a strategy to iterate over all running threads and
> interrupt (and if absolutely necessary stop) all threads started by a
> certain classloader

Threads aren't started by or associated with a classloader, other than
temporarily inheriting the one from the parent thread (which is dynamically
changeable).

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.