On 01/04/2010 06:53, Dean Hiller wrote:
> I added this(I want it to use my requirements.war file for any requests to
> xxxx.dev.premonitionx.com where xxxx is infinite combinations all of which
> point to one single ip of course.  I have another Host for
> xxxx.demo.premonitionx.com as well with infinite combinations again.
>
> This does not seem to be working though...
>
>       <Host name="dev.premonitionx.com"  appBase="zrequirements"
>             unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>             xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteHostValve"
>                allow=".*\.dev\.premonitionx\.com"/>
>       </Host>
>
> Do I have this wrong?  How do I get this to work?  Does the name need to
> match the allow or something?

It is *Remote*HostValve so it acts on the host name of the client, not
the http host header.

You want wildcard matching in a host alias and that isn't supported at
the moment. It has been discussed a few times (see the dev archives) but
there are performance concerns.

If the performance concerns can be overcome, it is a possible feature
addition for Tomcat 7. Fancy writing a patch?

Mark