Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Subject: [OT] Imperialism and sad demise

www.lmgtfy.com now seems to lead to a search page named Topeka

By design (or at least intent).  This is Google's 1 April response to the city of Topeka,
Kansas officially changing its name to "Google, Kansas" in a likely vain
attempt to be the location for the proposed super-fast network Google intends to deploy
somewhere in the USA.

Things will be back to normal in a few hours.

Probably the calm voice of reason here.
As I am located in Europe, where the day is pretty much over, I forgot that it still has some way to run elsewhere. We also did probably not get the coverage over here, about the Google/Topeka story, as this is the first I hear about it.

One thing however does not fit : the lmgtfy site really links to http://www.bing.com/search?q=....

but, at least in Europe, www.google.com looks entirely normal.

Now that I started using them, my little grey cells sugest to me that rather than Google's, this is an April's Fool joke of the lmgtfy people, again. I thus readily admit having been fooled, salute their renewed inventive spirit, and withdraw illico my earlier snide remarks.

And Len was obviously faster on the ball.
:-)

Pity for their wallets though.