On 19/04/2010 23:11, André Warnier wrote:
> Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 19/04/2010 22:32, André Warnier wrote:
>>> I disagree.

Fair enough.

>>> The point raised by the OP above is one that bothers a lot of people.

I don't like juli logging at all, but hitting tab & a couple of keys
isn't that traumatic.  Really.

>>> The lame bit is the way in which standard out-of-the-box Tomcat
>>> generates its logfiles, and their rotation, inflexibly.

Patching the FileHandler doesn't look so tricky, so if you can generate
some consensus, or ideas about whether you just want to turn it off or
configure rotatable pattern characteristics, I'll take a crack at it.