2010/4/21 André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>:
> But could you indicate where exactly this has to be set in the standard
> vanilla Tomcat logging.properties file (or elsewhere) to achieve the "not
> rotate" aspect ?

It is just another implementation of java.util.logging.Handler, like
the ConsoleHandler that is already present in logging.properties.
IIRC, it should correctly work with property name prefixes used in
JULI logging.properties file, though I do not have an example at hand.

The example of ConsoleHandler there suggests that the prefixes can be
omitted, when you have a single instance of the handler class.

Note though, that
a) the package name is different, so the property names will be different
b) the set of properties is different from the ones in Tomcat JULI
implementation of FileHandler.

E.g., there is "java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern" property. See
the JavaDoc that I mentioned for details.

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/util/logging/FileHandler.html

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko