On Apr 23, 2010, at 10:49 AM, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

Ken Bowen schrieb:

On the MyEclipse Toolbar:

Run/Stop/Restart MyEclipse Servers  >  Configure Server
Aaahhh! I see. There is the MyEclipse Tomcat enabled. I probably have to disable this one.

Then click Servers.  Click Tomcat in the dropdown list.
Select Tomcat 6 in that dropdown list.

On the "Tomcat home directory" line, Browse to the location of your external Tomcat. If you have a default installation, the paths for the base & temp directories will be filled in automatically.

You can also supply optional program arguements.

Click the Enable radio button.

Will experiment with this. My Tomcat 6 external server already hosts OpenCMS as a ROOT application. Hope I can get it work
together with MyEclipse. But anyway, I guess I'm getting further now.

You can run multiple web apps alongside the ROOT app. I just drop them in the webspps folder.

Thanks again,

--
Christoph

In the dropdown list where you selected Tomcat 6 (above), you can click on the arrow next to Tomcat 6 to open a subsidiary dropdown list. You can use this to specify a particular
JVM, create a launch config, etc.

After clicking OK, a Tomcat 6 launch will show under Run/Stop/ Restart MyEclipse Servers
on the toolbar.  Use this to start/stop Tomcat.

I find that a wide range of Java/Javascript/JSP/CSS edits are hot- loaded to the running Tomcat
, and it'll tell you when it can't hot load Java edits.

Regards,
Ken
~
~