What happens if you start Tomcat from the startup.bat script intomcat/bin, from
a 5.5.29* .zip version?

=> The same: it works on the computer, but not on the local network
=> NB: I only unzipped the archive and launched the server: this is the
simplest configuration ever.

* Why install 5.5 when you can install 6.0?

=> because I have to: my client wants Tomcat 5.5.29.
Anyway, it is a very basic configuration which works with Tomcat 5.5.17, but
not with Tomcat 5.5.29.

> Hi all,
>
> I have installed Tomcat 5.5.29 on Windows 2008 as a service.
> It works fine on the computer where I installed it: http://localhost:8080/,
> http://localhost:8080/admin, http://localhost:8080/manager/html,
> http://localhost:8080/myWebApp answer well.
>
> But when I try to access it from any other computer of the local private
> network, I get a "Connection failed" error, ie. the URLs
> http://myServer:8080/, http://myServer:8080/admin, etc... do not respond.
>
> NB:
> - the firewall is inactive on the server and on the clients
> - my configuration is basic: no AJP, no proxy, no cluster, I call Tomcat
> directly on the default ports
> - I tried a "telnet myServer 8080", which did not work
> - I tried to install Tomcat 5.5.17 instead of Tomcat 5.5.29, and it worked !!
> ie. the URLs http://myServer:8080/, http://myServer:8080/admin, etc... DO
> respond !!
>
> Is there a security restriction since Tomcat 5.5.17 ?

Nope.