Eyrignoux Marc wrote:

Hi Charles,

You can try setting the address attribute of your <Connector>
elements to "0.0.0.0" to force IPv4.

It works, thank you !!!!
NB: Other people might experience the same problem. I don't know where it comes
from, may be from an interaction between Windows Server 2008 and Tomcat 5.5.29 ?

May I jump in to add somewhat to the question ?
Thank you.

Can someone explain this a little bit more in detail, or point to some rough explanation page somewhere ?
Basically :
- why did that Tomcat 5.5.29 "listen only on IPv6" until it was forced to IPv4 by specifying "0.0.0.0" in the Connector ? - why, when Tomcat is listening (only) on IPv6 [::]:8080, does it not accept telnet connections on port 8080 ? - why, when Tomcat was listening (only) on IPv6 [::]:8080, did HTTP:8080 connections from a browser on localhost work, but not the ones from other stations ? - can you set Tomcat to listen on /both/ IPv4 and IPv6 on port 8080 at the same time ?

Thanks for any pointers.