> From: Johan Martinez [mailto:jmart...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Heap size for two container sharing single JVM
>
> it will share the same JDK instance.

All that means is that the same JDK is used as the process templates for the
each JVM instance.

> Do I need to setup java heap space separately for
> both containers?

Yes, they are completely independent.  Make sure you have enough RAM to support
the process space requirements for everything you're running on the system.

> For a single container I am adding heap space (Xmx)
> option to JAVA_OPTS in catalina.sh script.

You should do that in setenv.sh, not catalina.sh; catalina.sh will call
setenv.sh if it exists.

> Do I need to add this option to second container again
> or set it somewhere else?

You need to create or modify the script in the second Tomcat instance.

> Since it is a JDK option and not tomcat option

It's actually a running JVM option, not a JDK option.

> I am thinking it is a system-wide setting and not
> specific to each container.

You are incorrect.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.