On 17/06/2010 15:23, Felix Schumacher wrote:
> My Question now is, should I file a bug to enhance DefaultServlet? If so
> would it be legal to include the patch from that discussion?

That is covered by section 5 of the ALv2, so yes it would be legal. Make
sure you correctly attribute it. I'd add the link, not the actual patch.

Whilst this would be legal the ASF normally goes further and only
includes patches that were intentionally contributed. Even if we legally
could, we don't want to use someones code of they don't want us to. In
this case - having read the thread - I would say that it was definitely
a contribution so would have no problem applying the patch.

I would add that if the patch had been added to a new bugzilla item,
there is a good chance it would be in the code base already.

Mark