On 18.06.2010 13:50, Felix Schumacher wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:50:31 +0200, Rainer Jung<rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
wrote:
On 18.06.2010 11:04, Felix Schumacher wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:32:36 +0400, Konstantin Kolinko
<knst.koli...@gmail.com>   wrote:
2010/6/17 Felix Schumacher<felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>:
apache httpd thinks it would be better to append a
charset to the response

I wonder, if there is a way to improve your Apache HTTPD
configuration.
I tried to let apache httpd now that in location /webapp the default
charset was different from iso-8859-1. But mod_jk ignored my pledges :(
Even so I think DefaultServlet should be able to set a charset if
configured to.

How did you do that in Apache? Did you use

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#adddefaultcharset

and if so, how exactly?
I placed the following into the config for the corresponding virtual host:

<Location /webapp>
    AddDefaultCharset utf-8
</Location>

Yesterday after restart of httpd I found no difference in behaviour...
Now the directive does work as expected.

So mod_jk/httpd can be configured to work around the issue.
Maybe I saw an old page from some sort of cache/proxy :(

Good to know.

Rainer