Let me ask another question if I might in addition to the one below:

In my ISAPI log it shows:

[Wed Jun 23 09:50:59.568 2010] [5024:6028] [debug] jk_isapi_plugin.c (3108):
Service protocol=HTTP/1.1 method=GET host=127.0.0.1 addr=127.0.0.1
name=localhost port=80 auth=NTLM user=TEXAS\SavoyM uri=/index.jsp

The value of "80" is shown, my question is does this line in my ISAPI log show
the request as to where it is coming from, meaning IIS since IIS is on port 80?

My tomcat app is running on port 9080.

Just curious.

I think, I am going on to try Waffle, instead of trying to pursue this any
further.  dB has been kind enough to offer his help in getting me setup.

I just thought I'd ask this one last question. Thanks for all the time and help.

Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Savoy, Melinda
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:50 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'; 'p...@pidster.com'
Subject: RE: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for
authentication

Let me ask, what maybe a stupid question now, but when I print out the
enumeration value of the request header names, see below, using
request.getHeaderNames() should the user be listed as one of the headers which
is passed on from the ISAPI filter:

=== MimeHeaders ===
accept = */*
accept-language = en-us
connection = Keep-Alive
host = localhost
user-agent = Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0;
.NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; InfoPath.2; .NET
CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC LM 8; MS-RTC EA 2)
authorization = NTLM
TlRMTVNTUAADAAAAAAAAAEgAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAABIAAAAAAAAAEgAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAABIAAAABcKIogUBKAoAAAAP
accept-encoding = gzip, deflate
content-length = 0

Thank you.