From: André Warnier [...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 15:55
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for
authentication

Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Let me ask another question if I might in addition to the one below:
>
> In my ISAPI log it shows:
>
> [Wed Jun 23 09:50:59.568 2010] [5024:6028] [debug] jk_isapi_plugin.c (3108):
> Service protocol=HTTP/1.1 method=GET host=127.0.0.1 addr=127.0.0.1
> name=localhost port=80 auth=NTLM user=TEXAS\SavoyM uri=/index.jsp
>
> The value of "80" is shown, my question is does this line in my ISAPI log
> show the request as to where it is coming from, meaning IIS since IIS is on
> port 80?
>
> My tomcat app is running on port 9080.
>
> Just curious.
>
> I think, I am going on to try Waffle, instead of trying to pursue this any
> further.  dB has been kind enough to offer his help in getting me setup.
>
> I just thought I'd ask this one last question. Thanks for all the time and
> help.

Melinda,
you are doing something somewhere which you are not telling us.
Otherwise what you say you are doing should be working.
If the userid shows up in the isapi redirector log, then Tomcat is getting it,
and you
should see it with getRemoteUser().
If you are not seeing it, then there is something else, not originally
belonging to the
isapi redirector or Tomcat, which is overwriting it with a null.
If so, you will have the same issue with any authentication method.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message
from your system.