I now have made the change and it seems to be working (fingers crossed).
I have a couple of people testing it out, so fingers crossed!

OK, it now works correctly. The only issue I have is that Apache is now adding .number to the end of each request.

If I go to myapp/forum, the first time I get myapp/forum.1, the next time is myapp/forum.2, etc.

Any hints about this?

It's weird because I've used mod_jk a lot and never had any domain
specified.

You won't need a domain setting for stickyness to work. There was something else wrong with your setup.

Since your configuration looked OK, mod_jk should have logged any problems when doing stickyness in its log file.

I will look into it when I get more time after we launch the product. I will then have time to investigate why.

Regards,

Gabriel