> From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat not working after moving installation folder
>
> Kannan J wrote:
> > I ran out of disk space on C: so I moved C:\Tomcat5.5 to D:\Tomcat5.5
> and also edited the executable path in the windows service registry.

Probably not a safe way to do it, since you likely didn't find everything that
needed changing.  The best thing to do (besides getting a bigger disk drive) is
to remove the existing service by running "service.bat remove", then reinstall
it with "service.bat install".  If you don't have the service.bat script in
your download, get the .zip form of Tomcat and extract it from there.

> > Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000
>
> This does not really look like a Tomcat message (but I may
> be wrong here).

It's from the Windows service wrapper, not Tomcat itself.

> Maybe you overlooked the fact that the system variable CATALINA_HOME is
> still set to the C:\tomcat5.5 directory ?

Environment variables are not used when running Tomcat as a Windows service, to
that's not relevant.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.