I have an application that has a Web interface using an embeded Tomcat 4
Server. I need to make it available to users over the Internet and want to
secure it with SSL. It originally worked on port 8080 but I successfully
modified the SERVER.XML to make it work over port 80. I also sucessfully
created an SSL connector so that if you specify https://myserver.domain.com
you can access the app over SSL on port 443. The final piece of the puzzle
I've been struggling with is automatically redirecting http: requests to
https: All the Tomcat forums say this is pretty simple, all you need to do
is add a bit of code to either the server or app's web.xml:

Protected Context

/*

CONFIDENTIAL

When I enter this code and restart Tomcat, the app stops working on all
ports. I just get a '404' resource not found on the default page or any
other. I'm sure I'm missing something but I have no idea what. Are there Any
Tomcat gurus out there that can point me in the right direction?