Can you post all
active <Connector> elements from your conf/server.xml file?

Attached.

The web.xml file should be in
your webapp's deployment directory under WEB-INF/web.xml.

I've tried it there, but with the same results. This is the only application
that will ever be on this server, so either should work, yes?

Your vendor needs to get with the program and
start supporting a version of Tomcat that was written in the last 5 years.

Amen! I may end up trying what you did, but I'm not familar with Tomcat yet.
I'm a quick study though...

http://old.nabble.com/file/p29164626/server.xml server.xml