On 17/07/10 15.57, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 17/07/2010 14:16, Edoardo Panfili wrote:
On 17/07/10 12.50, Mark Thomas wrote:
The tag lib element is not correct. It should be:

<taglib xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee";
        http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_1.xsd";
        version="2.1">

Note the difference in the xsi:schemaLocation

I changed the element but it raises the same error.

OK. At least that is one possible issue fixed.

How are you defining you taglibs in web.xml? Are you using:

<tablib>
</taglib>
this one

<jsp-config>
   <tablib>
   </taglib>
</jsp-config?
but this one works! also with the wrong schemaLocation.
Without your help I can't figure the meaning of the exception. Is Tomcat supposing a specification version using the presence/absence of this tag?
thank you.

After that I removed the whole<taglib>  element, now the file is
incorrect I know, but the exception is still there, with another one "he
markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed."
the second is comprensible for me. Is it possible that the error is in
another file?

No. Looks like you removed the<tablib ...>  element but left the</taglib>.

yes. I was only I try (removing the element the error remains, it was possible that the error was not there).

Thank you again
Edoardo