On 17/07/2010 15:21, Edoardo Panfili wrote:
> On 17/07/10 15.57, Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> I changed the element but it raises the same error.
>>
>> OK. At least that is one possible issue fixed.
>>
>> How are you defining you taglibs in web.xml? Are you using:
>>
>> <tablib>
>> </taglib>
> this one
>

>> <jsp-config>
>>    <tablib>
>>    </taglib>
>> </jsp-config?
> but this one works! also with the wrong schemaLocation.
> Without your help I can't figure the meaning of the exception. Is Tomcat
> supposing a specification version using the presence/absence of this tag?
> thank you.

No. Tomcat 7 is requiring that if you declare your web application to be
using version 2.5 of the Servlet specification that you declare your tag
libraries as required by schema for that version of the spec. You were
trying to use an old way old defining tag libraries from an older (2.3?)
version of the spec.

Mark