----- Original Message ----- From: "michel" <compu...@videotron.ca>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: UTF-8 encoding in Tomcat 6.0

----- Original Message ----- From: "michel" <compu...@videotron.ca>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 9:35 AM

I am having a simmilar problem with Tomcat Version 6.0.26. I have a JSP with some french characters that run quite well on my local windows machine.When I transfer the JSP source code to the Linux server the JSP gets converted to java source code with the wrong character set. I have played with all kinds of variations of

<%@ page language="java" errorPage="/ErrorPage.jsp" pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1" contentType="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"%>

with no change. I am assuming that my jsp to servlet is set wrong ...

Michel

Just looking for a hint here in the right direction ...

The JSP is compiled by jasper-compiler-jdt.jar, but in the previous versions it was javac. So I assume that the reason why my French characters in the jsp are being whacked when converted to a .java file is that I am missing a configuration parameter in a file.

Thanks!

Michel

Got it fixed with <%@ page language="java" errorPage="/ErrorPage.jsp" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1" %>