Angelo Chen wrote:
Hi,

I use Apache web server 2.2 in front of tomcat, it works well with Apache's
default proxy module, however, I can't exclude some path from it:

ProxyPass /  http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPass /static !
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPreserveHost on

example.com/static still goes to my tomcat app, any idea?

No, but this looks like a question for the Apache httpd users list, not this
Tomcat one.
Your poor Tomcat has no influence on the matter.

By the way, considering your above apparent intention, it is not clear that you need an Apache front-end. Tomcat can server static content directly, just as fast.

Try this :

- stop Apache and Tomcat
- copy the content of the Apache /static directory under
(tomcat)/webapps/static/
- change the HTTP port of Tomcat from 8080 to 80 (in server.xml)
- start Tomcat

and try it out.