Angelo,

On 8/12/2010 9:59 AM, Angelo Chen wrote:
I use Apache web server 2.2 in front of tomcat, it works well with Apache's
default proxy module, however, I can't exclude some path from it:

ProxyPass /  http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPass /static !
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPreserveHost on

This is one of the reasons I have decided to stick with mod_jk instead
of mod_proxy_http or mod_proxy_ajp: I couldn't figure out how to map
different sub-URIs to different places.

What happens if you do this:

ProxyPass /static !
ProxyPass /  http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPreserveHost on

(I have only reversed the order of the ProxyPass directives).

If mod_proxy processes rules in order until one matches, it may be that
"ProxyPass /" is taking over without ever checking the "/static" rule
you have there.

Bonus point!

Rainer