Thanks for the response Chris.

You're right.  Jetty does a redirect, so on the client-side the
browser sees "/login.html?error=true".  Since this isn't happening in
Tomcat, I am unable to retrieve the query string client side.  As you
indicated my login page is static html and I am relying on client-side
processing to interpret the query string.  I ended up working around
the issue by creating a loginerror.html which is identical to
login.html except that I have added a hidden DIV to the
loginerror.html.  I can then search for the hidden DIV to determine if
there was a login failure or not.  Not pretty, but it works!

Thanks

Shaun

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Christopher Schultz