----- Original Message ----- From: "Pid" <p...@pidster.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 7:45 AM
Subject: Re: PHP on Tomcat?

On 27/08/2010 23:30, michel wrote:
I have tried running PHP using Quercus, and I may have screwed it up but it worked poorly, with some of the PHP code not being interpreted, instead showing up on the wepage as text. I have also seen different PHP/Java bridge implementation, but just looking at how to set one of them up had me nervous at all the different steps.

have people had much success setting up PHP on Tomcat?

We only usually hear about problems setting it up, rather than
successes, here.

Simple is best.

A PHP requirement is usually a compelling reason to integrate HTTPD with
Tomcat.

Is there a particular reason you need to use PHP on Tomcat?

PID, you are correct on those point! I like that PHP has so many great open source software available, and it would be great to be able to integrate some of them in my java/tomcat site. I can set up HTTPD, but I am working of a rented Linux box with limited resources and HTTPD would be resource heavy. If I where to set up a second server for PHP, I would rather go with Lighttpd.

Michel